Ingredients500 grams of Lamb, diced
3 purple and orange carrots. thickly sliced
Half cup of beans sliced thickly
1 onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
3 long eggplants, sliced thickly
6 new potatoes, quartered
1 sachet of chicken concentrate or two stock cubes
2 cups of hot water or you can use white wine or a liquid stock
Salt and pepper to taste
How to make
1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees
2. Slice all the vegetables and set aside in a bowl.
3. Diced the lamb into bite size pieces. Using a dash of olive oil in the pot, brown lamb, diced onion and garlic in your casserole pot on medium to high heat till it has taken on some colour.
4. Add diced vegetables making sure that they are all similar sizes to ensure equal cooking time.
5. Add chicken stock concentrate, water and seasoning.
6. Using a sheet of baking paper press down on the casserole to make a seal to the casserole. This will keep the meat tender and moist and prevent things drying out during cooking.
7. Cook in the oven for 1 hr and 15 minutes. Check casserole at this time to make sure all ingredients are soft but firm.
8. Serve on it's own or with bread.
What are you cooking?
Care to share, comment below or email me at email@example.com. We'd love to hear from you.