So, here are the rules.....from Leigh:
- You MUST try to the best of your ability, accomplish all 5 things on your list!
- If you are a fan of social media feel free to tweet me, fb me or instagram me of your indulgence and hashtag #sbtbmytop5.
- If any of these moments are captured, I would love you to share them with us in the following weeks post.
- By no means does anything need to be of grand scale.
Last week's list
1) finish reading my Frankie magazine.
I went to a favourite cafe, ordered coffee, settled Tully read for 15 minutes and escaped. Attempted three more reading opportunities during the week. I've still got a couple of unread pages as I like to savour each morsel whilst holding a warming tea or morning coffee. I'm carrying this over to this week.
2) buy myself something kitsch to brighten my sewing day. I just love my owl who'll proudly hold my scizzors, unpicked and thread cutter.
I even found time to do a photo shoot of my stock to do my first shop ads this week. I'm all set this Thursday to launch it.
3) spend some time catching up with a girlfriend.
Sophie came round, we enjoyed lunch, pots of tea, playing with the kids and catching up. It was lovely. Was honoured to share in the backing kicks and embracing Sophie's ever growing bump. Will it be a boy or a girl. Not long now.
4) listen to music or reruns of Murder she wrote while I quilt (yep, l love the old shows).
I did this season one of Murder she wrote on while I ironed, cut, pinned and sewed the quilt boarder. It took a while as there's so much fabric, I was still stiff from hurting my back and had only two hands. I even got in some Claire Bowditch, the Sundays, Beth Orton felt great to be in my sewing space.
5) weave my pea tepees, have a cuppa looking out at my garden and plant some more seeds.
I had a cuppa, harvested veggies, planned where plantings would go and did a Montessori lesson about herbs and seasonal vegetables but no planting. My backs still tender. This week I'm devoting an hour on Thursday for this.
|Another lovely coffee moment this week|
|Frankie, an owl, catch up with a girlfriend + my tribe|
|Sewing, getting online shop ready|
What are your Top 5 going to be?
My Top 5 list for this week:
1) to continue reading frankie and my book preferably without the kids present (i'm hoping they are asleep in their beds)
2) to work on the photo shoot and ads for Poppyfox to help motivate me to complete it finally!
3) garden, mulch, sew the snowpea + garden pea seeds and finish twine tee pees. I'd love to buy some soil too. That would make my day.
4) watch the Hobbit while drinking a glass of wine. I was all set to take Ads on a date the night l went into labour so alas it's taken a while to see this.
5) start a folder of recipes for my new thermomix (when it arrives)
Even if you make a decision to just do one thing for you it'll do you a world of good.
See how we go completing My top 5 this week + be inspired to do five things for yourself.
Follow me on Instagram during the week (http://instagram.com/thepoppyfox),
join in and use hashtag #sbtbmytop5.